Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Reflection on Statistical Analysis

This was a very difficult assignment. Without much prior knowledge of the Analysis Toolpak or the tests we were performing, this was a challenge. A challenge that I'm not quite sure I've mastered yet. The discussion posts gave me hope to keep going as I could tell that there were many others as frustrated as I was. I am confident about the procedures for doing the tests. I'm just not sure about the validity of the numbers I was using. I'm now interested in knowing what the meaning of all of the results that were given are. That will be a good "Google" project.

Now my concern turns toward the second half of the semester. I'm a little concerned about it since there doesn't seem to be any information on the Course Activities page. I'm hoping we get a chance to review what we've done so far and get more practice. I'm already using several tools from the course in school. I've also been sharing with other teachers- they think I'm a Technology Wiz. If they only knew.

2 comments:

  1. Chris,
    The validity of the numbers? They are actual numbers from our mid term (except the fake quiz score) so validity isn't an issue.
    Interpreting the results is critical so make sure you are comfortable with interpreting.
    Next on to APA formatting the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I mention the validity of the numbers, at the time I wasn't sure if I had sorted incorrectly and mismatched the rows and columns. I was afraid I had made a mistake in the sorting procedure. I must have got that straightened out as the quiz score was good.

    ReplyDelete