Saturday, November 26, 2011

NAEP

Aside from the results of the NAEP scores being depressing the assignment seemed easy enough.  Maybe I understand this process.  The previous assignment went well, I'll wait for the score on this before I get too excited.  In the process I have found some very good YouTube videos that explain how to use Excel and the Data Analysis toolpak.  Adding charts to a paper has been fun to experiment with as well.  The last few weeks have inspired me to take a course on Excel as soon as my Masters is finished.  I really wouldn't need to pay for a course though, YouTube has a series of videos(200+) that would do the same thing.  I find it odd that in all my years of teaching, and with all of the emphasis being placed on testing, results, and data analysis, that I haven't seen any t-test information presented.  This seems like a very valid and impartial way of presenting data.  Maybe it's the impartial part that schools don't like.

NETS-T
3a, b, c, d
5a, b, c

No comments:

Post a Comment